This is me.

My photo
A poet who tries to see the beauty in all the ugliness.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dear really cute girl whom i shy away from in fear of rejection,

Hey..... This may seem kinda strange but i think you've got super powers. No i mean it... seriously... i think you've got super powers because every time we've cross paths i swear, you use your laser vision to burn my cheeks rosey red, and your walk is so mean it makes my attention fall straight to the floor so that i don't get caught mean muggin and catch a heel to the face. And shit i swear your style could be blamed for that lump in my throat and my gelatin ass legs. Or maybe its just that i'm just socially awkward around girls of your stature. i mean, can't muster up enough courage to talk to you face to face but shit behind this computer screen i'll tell you my whole life's story. but thats a whole differnt poem. Anyways, what do you say we get away from here? away from this fog? Away from the potholes and traffic lights. Lets go cut off the power to the city, dance on skyscrapers to the playing banjo of the man on the moon, and skip rocks on the sky with Mufasa and my grandfather. We could put the sun on pause and the moon on repeat, and i can use your halo to lasso in stars and pluck them from the night, hide them in my eyes because when you look at me, i wanna be the one to be to brighten up your day. Ours lips could share stories of our past lives and past loves, playing show and tell with our hearts and counting the scars left from the wars inside of us. See, I've been shot 6 times with false arrows dipped in the poison of insecurities and that Donnell Jones "Where i wanna be" typa shit and i'm still on the front lines, still hoping, still dreaming of what it feels like to trade hearts with someone. Plant them in the soil of our ribcages and let them grow whole and healthy. See i don't know what it is about you that makes this flimsy soft shell of a man's soul quiver but if you ever find yourself alone on the corner of post and taylor write me a message in a bottle and wait for the nights where the stars are shallow enough to lasso one in. Attach the bottle to your halo and send it on its way. Addressed to the boy who heart is as full as fam on thanksgiving. Sincerely written. P.S. I love Japanese food.

No comments:

Post a Comment