This is me.

My photo
A poet who tries to see the beauty in all the ugliness.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

PCN, Davis

This past Saturday me and the poet fams headed out to Davis, CA to support our homie Diane in a play she was in. I won't forget to mention Melissa Mendoza, another high school friend who was also in the performance. Anyways me and my sisters traveled to the far reaches of California in the beaming ass sun. We made a giant giant mistake about deciding to eat in the middle of no where when we got hungry enough. Anyways we found ourselves in an unknown city, come to find out it was Fairfield. We stopped for a bite to eat at this one spot with the most original name in restaurant history: "MEXICAN FOOD" haha wow....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Well.... i did it again... i can't ever take a good food picture without having a bite of it 1st... (fucking idiot)
Photobucket
After the fiesta was over we hit the road again. I wish i could i gotten a picture of my sisters head falling asleep then falling forward because of gravity then waking up again. I was laughing hysterically in my mind. But soon enough we made it to Davis and when we got to the site the performance was at.... let me tell ya... it was like little Manilla, i swear.... and they all acted like they haven't seen 2 Polynesian people before! Well as for me i'm a Filipino impersonator, shit i probably fooled all of them with the brown bohemith that covered my once light skin'ed complextion. (YES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I USED TO BE LIGHT SKIN'ed, CHECK THE THIGHS, AND NO I'M NOT FILIPINO, I AM AND ALWAYS WILL BE VIETNAMESE!!) no offense to the Filipinos out there! I love you guys. Now i know why that called it PCN (Philipino Culture Night) We totally felt out of place though. Anyways, Diane met us outside for a chat chat. She played the role of a nurse who falls in love with the doctor. :) aww (i dig the hair diane)
Photobucket
Random pics of my homies
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was a lot cooler once we got inside, but it felt like we were the minorities in this place seeing as hardly anyone sat next to us.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
See what i mean... Can't believe it. Any who the show begins after a long wait and this play was very.... interesting. i enjoyed a lot of it and some parts the could have left out (Guys in diaper like sashes) but the culture is beautiful. But the play was about Filipino WWII Vets and hella (really, HELLA) Flash backs of how & why they got into the war. Diane was the best actor in the whole play hands down. (BAIS)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Melissa "Why don't you take a picture of this, you took a picture of all the other skits"
Charles (in my head) "-__-"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Missa totally killed this part. (BAIS) She is the best dancer hands down.
Photobucket
The play was great, The Almuni was annoying, and Diane and Missa are room mates! The two of them killed it and i'm proud of em. Good job ladies. ONCE AGAIN THOUGH, I'M AM NOT FILIPINO! MUST I WRITE A POEM ABOUT MY BROWN SKIN?

No comments:

Post a Comment