This is me.

My photo
A poet who tries to see the beauty in all the ugliness.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Farewell, King of Pop.

Photobucket
I'm not going to lie. I forgot about you when i grew older. Faded from my reality like Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny you weren't apart of my world, like you were in my younger days. and i just wanted to say i'm sorry, for not being a real fan. When i heard of your death it really didn't hit me as hard. I didn't believe it. Didn't want to at least. But when i watched your memorial service it hit me real hard today. Even though we have never met i can truly say you were a big part of my life that i have long forgotten. I used to catch your videos on MTV during the LA afternoons. I remember my grandma was cooking in the kitchen when "Don't stop til you get enough" came on. I tried to imitate the ecstatic gyrations and the crotch grab moves you were famous for while trying to hide my skills from my grandma but she had a way of spying on me. She told my whole family and i was so embarrassed i promised myself i would never grab my crotch again. Damn, those were the days. If your death has taught me anything about my own life its that life is way to short to take for granted. and even though life forces you to grow up way faster than expected, never forget to take some time out of your day to appreciate the little things in life. Thank you for the memories mike. I really, truly appreciate it. I will never forget you and i will keep your legacy alive through my kids and theirs. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment